Each year, the Commission recognizes deserving individuals and organizations for outstanding achievements that help further the Fish and Game Department‚Äôs mission. There are several different categories in which awards may be made, so select the one that best fits your honoree.
To nominate a person or organization for one of these awards, download the nomination form at www.wildnh.com/about/documents/awards-of-excellence.pdf. Forms are also available at Fish and Game offices, or you can call (603) 271-3511 to request one by mail.
Send your nomination package, postmarked no later than December 31, 2017 to: Commission Awards Program, N.H. Fish and Game Department, c/o Tanya Haskell, 11 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH 03301. Electronic submissions are not accepted. Posthumous nominations are allowed.
See a list of award categories, and who has won them in the past, at www.wildnh.com/about/commission-awards.html.
The seven award categories are:
- Ellis R. Hatch Jr. Commission Award of Excellence: Recognizes an individual, group, organization, club, foundation or agency that has excelled in efforts to promote, enhance or benefit fish, wildlife or marine resources or the Department‚Äôs mission.
- Youth Conservationist: Awards an individual, 18 years of age or younger, who has excelled in efforts to benefit fish, wildlife or marine resources or the Department‚Äôs mission.
- Communication: Honors an outdoor communicator, writer or media source (radio, television, magazine, newsletter or periodical) who has written or published articles or materials beneficial to public understanding about fish, wildlife or marine resources as they relate to the Department‚Äôs mission. Judged on fairness, accuracy, timeliness, balance and quality of reporting.
- Conservation Organization: Recognizes any organization, group, foundation or agency that has excelled in efforts to enhance the welfare of fish, wildlife and marine resources, and supporting achievement of the Department‚Äôs mission. Recipients will be judged on their efforts to promote the wise use of natural resources for their recreational or economic value.
- Volunteer: Honors an individual who, as a volunteer with the Department, has excelled in efforts to support and achieve Fish and Game‚Äôs mission.
- Habitat Stewardship: Recognizes an organization, non-governmental entity, individual or corporation that has excelled in the enhancement, conservation or creation of land management practices beneficial to New Hampshire‚Äôs fish, wildlife and marine resources and the Department‚Äôs mission.
- Landowner Appreciation: Salutes a person who has excelled in preserving or enhancing opportunities for public use on private property, furthering Fish and Game‚Äôs mission.