The politically active members of SCI hunt on federal, state and private lands, and globally. They vote in federal, state, and local elections to protect their hunting opportunities, to conserve our nation’s wildlife, and to conserve wildlife around the world. SCI’s is the country’s leader in advocacy to protect the freedom to hunt and to promote wildlife conservation worldwide. SCI’s approximately 50,000 members and 200 Chapters represent all 50 of the United States as well as 106 other countries. Through our active advocacy network, SCI works with federal and state legislators and policy makers to develop, promote and communicate positions on important issues, laws, regulations and initiatives. SCI generates broad support for candidates who support hunting and the issues that are important to them.
Mission and Purpose
The mission of SCI is to protect the freedom to hunt and to promote wildlife conservation worldwide. The purposes of SCI are....
- To advocate, preserve and protect the rights of all hunters.
- To promote safe, legal and ethical hunting and related activities.
- To advocate within the limits imposed by law and regulation.
- To monitor, support, or otherwise take positions on local, national and international legislative, executive, judicial or organizational endeavors that foster and support SCI’s mission and purposes.
- To inform and educate the public concerning hunting and related activities.
SCI members help shape and promote the image of the hunter to the general public, through their words and actions. In addition to practicing ethical hunting while in the field, SCI members give back by participating in educational, civic, conservation, and humanitarian efforts across the globe.
Resources We Have To Offer
In SCI’s office on Capitol Hill, we have experienced lobbyists, litigators, policy makers, and social media experts working hand-in-hand with wildlife biologists from our sister organization, the Safari Club International Foundation. We administer the largest hunter-led Political Action Committee (SCI-PAC), which helps support campaigns of legislators on both sides of the aisle. SCI’s Washington, D.C. office has the capacity to:
- Develop, edit, and analyze legislation.
- Defend federal actions, rules, plans and policies in federal and state courts.
- Alert and generate support for federal and state legislation through our communications network.
- Support candidates in federal and state races throughout the country.
- Draft scientifically supported comment letters and white papers on hunting related decision-making.