Hunters are a difficult lot to shop for; ask any spouse, son, daughter, or friend of a hunter and they’ll tell you, “what could they possibly need that they don’t already have?!” We’re here to help, with a few suggestions from SCI staff and Members!
Brittany Longoria – “For the hunter-conservationist who has it all….a donation in their name to the SCI Foundation.”
Allen Ernst – “Stick to high quality items that will be appreciated and last for many years of hard use. Here’s a few:
- Clothing – KUIU Kutana Storm Shell Jacket & Pants
- Optics – Swarovski NL Pure 10×42 or EL 10×42 Binoculars
- Backpack – Anything from Kifaru that’s an appropriate size for the majority of hunts someone does.
- Shelter – Any Kifaru tent, tipi or shelter that’s appropriate for a given scouting, hunting or camping trip.
- Sleeping Bag – An appropriate sized sleeping bag from Kifaru with a 0 or 20 degree rating.
- A gift certificate to any “Made in the U.S.A.” small business that you know the hunter will appreciate and use!”
Cyrus Baird, SCI Manager of Government Relations
- Yeti Rambler – Fill it with coffee, fill it with water, fill it with soup, fill it with bourbon. I’m never in a tree stand or duck blind without one.
- Filson Skagit Jacket – I spend a lot of time in the marsh, timber and open water during duck season, and I can be hard on equipment – especially jackets. This jacket is the only one I’ve owned that has taken a beating and still kept me warm and dry.
- Plano Sportsman’s Box – I’ve got a different sportsman’s box for every style and species I hunt. It’s the best way to keep all my gear organized all year long.
Chip Hunnicutt, SCI Director of Marketing and Communications – “Support the companies that support defending your freedom through their corporate partnership with SCI:
- Socks – doesn’t sound sexy but I just picked up a couple pairs of Kenetrek Alaska Super Heavyweight and their Ultimate Liner Lightweight socks and love them.
- Peace of Mind – Nothing keeps the worry at bay like a Global Rescue membership.
- Optics – They can’t hit what they can’t see. Hook up your favorite hunter with a new optic from Trijicon, or you’ll spend the rest of the year hearing about that missed shot….
- SCI Gear – The SCI Store is the only place to get authentic, official SCI Gear and there are a lot of choices. Grab a hat or shirt and be a hero!”