SCI’s Advocacy team is hosting the State Wildlife Agency Directors Forum, where wildlife directors and commissioners from five states will discuss the challenges of managing black bears at a time when predators are increasingly in the public limelight. Come hear about the various hurdles and successes wildlife managers have experienced in dealing with human-wildlife conflict, interacting with constituents (both those who hunt and don’t hunt) regarding bears, managing expanding populations, and the importance of active management with regulated harvest opportunities. Ask questions of wildlife managers and meet the SCI advocacy state liaisons working at the state level to defend hunting rights and sustainable use conservation.
The event takes place during the SCI 51st Annual Convention on Friday, February 24, 2023, from 3-4:30 pm at the Music City Center room 202 A.
Directors speaking include:
- Jason Maxedon – Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) Executive Director
- Mark Williams – Georgia Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Commissioner
- Chuck Sykes – Alabama Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries (WFF) Director
- J.D. Strong – Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation (DWC) Director
- Ben Mulligan – Alaska Department of Fish and Game (DFG) Deputy Commissioner