Safari Club International has finished the first week of this summer’s advocacy series. Last week we focused on the issue of international hunting and imports by taking a deep dive on the latest legislative updates, testimony from the experts, and videos on the ground. Here is a recap of all the events:
- The Appropriations Committee released the text for the Interior, Environment and Related Agencies Appropriations Bill, which includes Section 439, a defacto trophy ban on the import of legally hunted lions and elephants from Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. SCI is leading the fight against this misguided legislation, and you can take action by contacting your Representative here.
- SCI’s EVP of International, Government and Public Affairs Ben Cassidy took a trip to the U.S. Capitol during the committee markup of the Appropriations bill. SCI is uniquely positioned with our Washington, D.C. headquarters to take the fight where it matters most. Watch the message from the Capitol here!
- Ben was also featured on a panel discussion hosted by the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation. discussed the impact of hunting internationally and the responsibility of international governing bodies to support proven conservation efforts.
- SCI extends a huge thank you to our champions in Congress who fight for the rights of hunters everyday. Watch videos from Senator Daines, Congressman Duncan, and Congressman Hudson here.
- SCI fights for the rights of all hunters: read the story of Celie Ozier and her hunt to South Africa. Her story puts into stark relief the cultural war against hunting and how the hunting community must win for conservation around the world.
- We also featured hunting photos and videos on our social media, including informative videos from Keith Warren and Ryan Bassham. Check them out here!
Over the week, SCI received a total of 578,963 impressions and a total of 13,433 engagements in 7 days for International Hunting and Imports content online. SCI is proud of our advocacy highlights from the past week and will continue to stand First for Hunters everywhere. Be sure to tune in for the remaining two series: State Management Authority and Pittman Robertson on July 10th and Traditional Ammunition and No-Net-Loss on July 24th! Visit https://safariclub.org/BIG-FIVE-SERIES/ for more information.