Federal Ammunition introduces ammunition truly designed for optimal cycling and overall performance from the time-tested, lever-action rifle platform. Shipments have begun to arrive at dealers.
“Our goal for this new line of ammunition was to deliver enhanced performance in any lever-action rifle. HammerDown provides the velocity and terminal performance required to be an effective and ethical hunting round for medium game, especially with traditional handgun cartridges such as .357 Magnum or .44 Rem. Magnum being shot out of a rifle,” said Federal Ammunition Centerfire Rifle Product Manager Eric Miller. “We also ensured feeding performance in all lever-action rifles: tube feed as well as side-gate firearms. To do this, we use modified case geometry to eliminate any feeding issues. HammerDown delivers those main benefits and much more.”
Velocities of all-new Federal Premium HammerDown loads are customized to produce superior ballistics and terminal performance through lever-action barrel lengths. The construction of the molecularly bonded soft point bullets has also been adjusted for the best accuracy and expansion at those velocities.
The geometry of each round’s case, bullet and cartridge ensures flawless cycling through tubular magazine and typical lever-action feeding systems. Available in the most popular lever-action cartridges, including .30-30 Win., .357 Magnum, .327 Federal and .44 Rem. Magnum. Additional cartridges will be added to the lineup in 2021.
Features & Benefits
- Specifically engineered for lever guns
- Functions flawlessly in side-gate loading and tubular magazines
- Modified chamfered case for easier feeding
- Bullets optimized for better terminal performance out of lever-action rifles
- Designed in partnership with Henry Repeating Arms
- Bullets provide best-in-class expansion and weight retention on impact
- Increased velocities and performance in pistol cartridges
- Nickel-plated cases for corrosion resistance